Google

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Garlic & Onions

Bad breath may be a costly side effect, but halotosis aside, garlic and onions are one potent health producing food. The Journal of Clinical Nutrition published a study that found consuming garlic and onions provided protection from esophageal, colon, breast, ovarian and prostate cancer. Garlic and onions have also been shown to help ward off hypertension and osteoporosis. The sad news is that most of all the health benefits occur from eating raw onions and raw garlic. The kind that sticks with your breath for days on end. The active, health producing ingredient in garlic, actually starts to vanish within 1 hour of being cut into. Cooking the garlic kills the ingredient in no time.

Thought for the Week: " I taught myself discipline. How to be totally in control of my body. I could apply that discipline to everyday life. I used it in acting, in going to school. Whenever I didn't want to study I would just think back and remember what it took to be Mr. Universe--the sacrifice, the hard work---and I would plunge myself into studying." -------------Arnold Schwarzenegger

Chiropractic Tip of the Week: "The object of all health education is to change the conduct of individual men, women and children by teaching them to care for their bodies well." ----- Charles Mayo, MD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home