Google

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sphere of Chiropractic Influence

Dr. J’s Health Tip of the Week:  I flew to Atlanta, Ga over the weekend to honor a dear friend of mine who was receiving the “Sphere of Influence” award and recognition for a life time of achievement in the chiropractic profession.  The award was given by Life University, the largest chiropractic school in the world.  This day was just as important to me as it was to the recipient.  His sphere of influence is what led me to be a chiropractor and as it turns out, his influence also led to chiropractic careers for well over 50 other people.  I started to see this man when I was a small child of eleven years old.  He is a very charismatic gentlemen whose belief in the principles of natural health are so strong that one could not be affected by them.  The major principle of chiropractic science is that the moveable spinal bones protect the most important and vital system in the body, the nervous system. The nervous system controls and coordinates the function of every single act in the body, from the growth of the hair on the top of your head to the beating of your heart. From the contraction of your muscles to the performance of your immune system.  Since the nerves come out from between tiny little openings in between the spinal bones, it makes perfect sense that if the spinal bones are out of alignment there is going to be a negative effect on the nervous system and if the nervous system is not able to function the way it is supposed to, then the body will not be as healthy as it should or could be.  The doctor of chiropractic who received the sphere of influence award was very good at sharing this message and making sure that everyone who he would come in contact with understood the simplicity of chiropractic health care.  He was and is a tireless proponent of the chiropractic profession.  As a child in his office, he took a liking to me and always answered my never ending questions about the body and the chiropractic connection to health.  At eleven years old, he told me that I should be a chiropractor.  I said OK.  And from that day forward, I never thought of being anything else when I grew up.  I do my best to emulate this doctor and teach my patients the importance of living a drug-free life and maintaining the health of their nervous system with regular chiropractic care.  It’s a tough path to follow.  Not everyone is accepting of this message.  Sort of like Columbus telling the people that the earth was round.  It took some doing, but eventually Columbus succeeded because the truth is the truth.  And with science behind you, the “new idea” eventually becomes tough to refute.  Each day that I go to my office or I meet people on the street or in social settings, I remember the doctor who chose me to be a chiropractor and I tell the chiropractic story.  I hope that my sphere of influence can someday match his.  I dedicate this Health Tip of the Week to Dr. Dennis Cirone.  My mentor, my friend, my family.  Thank you Dennis.


Thought for the Week:  Whenever I held my newborn baby in my arms, I used to think that what I said and did to him could have an influence not only on him but on all whom he met, not only for a day or a month or a year, but for all eternity — a very challenging and exciting thought for a mother. ~Rose Kennedy


I’m on Facebook!!  Search Health First Chiropractic Clinics, Dr. J. Zimmerman.  “LIKE” my page for up-to-date office info, health news and a different perspective on healthy living.  I’m also on Twitter at DocJZimmerman





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home